Write to your Councillor

Our members have had a lot of success and some very positive feedback from contacting councillors. Some have used the RSPCA action (at bottom of page) and some have written directly. Click here, put in your postcode, scroll down and click on your Councillor. Helpful hints in the red links.

IF a pop up firework shop opens in your area, write to the council and ask that they refuse a licence.

Some councils have declared a ‘CLIMATE EMERGENCY’, check here if yours is one of them. If so, it would be a good idea to forward the latest blog on to them. The environment one, link here

The RSPCA are pushing for all firework events to be licenced by councils. IF events are ‘given’ a licence, it can also be taken away. So this would then be an excellent control method to prevent displays too close to animals sanctuaries, farms, stables etc. Or if there are complaints the licence may not be granted the next time.

Please click on the link and fill in short form … few minutes of your time, this has been a very successful part of the campaign


23,000 emails have been sent so far from this action and 12 councils SO FAR have debated the issue and a number of them have passed motions for change.

If you don’t want to complete the RSPCA action, please go to https://www.writetothem.com/ where you will find a list of your local representatives.