From one of our members in Wales…..
So very sad. We lost our loyal and beloved Bella last night. She died because of the New Years fireworks in our village. She was in the house with my son, TV was on full volume, curtains closed. We knew she hated fireworks, but not enough to sedate her, so I thought. This time, as soon as she heard the fireworks she first hid behind the TV and then she came out and fell down by my son’s side and was dead.
He phoned me at 12.08 am, I ran home nothing could be done, she had no symptoms of heart problems, she was running in the field at 6.30pm happy as usual.
We are devastated to have lost her in this frightening way. Such a shame and it was all because of fireworks.
Bella was only 5yrs old and was a lifeline for my son who suffers from depression, his best friend.
I am hoping all fireworks will be banned or even if they used ones with less noise, it would help our beloved pets. … Ann
Beautiful, loyal, trustworthy, fun, happy Bella. Someones best friend……
SIGN HERE please to help FAB stop random fireworks. Read our HOME PAGE to see what we are about…
Please report every incidence of fireworks you hear on our FIREWORK LOG. We are collecting data to prove to the government that random fireworks do occur……They insist fireworks are mostly limited to traditional dates already. We know that is not the case.
Please WRITE TO YOUR MP and let them know how you feel.. If you don’t tell them they will continue to deny the problem.
FAB are asking the government to restrict public USE of fireworks to traditional dates. That works out about 10 days a year. So you can still have them in your gardens around Guy Fawkes and New Year, Diwali and Chinese New Year.. There will still be displays and fireworks competitions as there are now, just no random unexpected fireworks to frighten people and animals.